counter

Thursday, September 4, 2008

One thousand hits and counting…

Thank you very much to all readers of this blog…

During the night of Monday 1st September the hits counter clocked up 1000! I added the counter on the 5th of August which equates to an average of 35 hits a day – a very encouraging beginning!

I have received feedback from such far flung parts as Australia, Jamaica, New Zealand, Taiwan, UK and the US - this “inter-web thingy” really is amazing!

The challenge now of course is to try and maintain and or even improve on this readership and increase “market penetration”. I have a few ideas in this regard:

  • I hope to create linkages with other environment and tourism related sites and I am currently in discussions to that end.
  • I hope to make occasional contributions to the National newspaper here in Seychelles and reference the Blog accordingly.
  • Also I hope to get more contributions from others involved in the work on Denis so that readers can benefit from different perspectives.

I would also welcome more interaction from readers. Please feel free to ask questions or seek further information on postings by using the comments option.

To facilitate your access to the blog:

  • Keep informed of new updates by utilising the subscription tool at the foot of the page.
  • Add the site to your favourites list,
  • or even make it your browser homepage!!!

Please do keep checking back periodically for updates as we certainly face a very interesting time on Denis in the months ahead!

Thanks again for your interest… JN.

4 comments:

SeyBay said...

Good luck!

Seychelles SeyBay

Kuei Min said...

Thanks for sharing you great work, both on the island and this blog, with us! Thumbs up!

natasha said...

John,

I have been reading (without reply im afraid until today!) your work on Denis. It is so encourgaing for Seychelles, Tourism and of course Denis! You have lead the way (well for me anyway!) on conservation on a self sufficient island and provide detailed information to guests whilst visiting. Your passion and dedication is overwhelming which I am sure has not gone unnoticed. Thank you for your continued enthusiam and look forward to further updates.
KR
Natasha (UK)

GIF said...

Hi Natasha,
Thanks very much for your kind comments - it always gives a boost to my enthusiasm to receive positive feedback.
Cheers, JN.