counter

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bird Bulletin 5

SMR update:

I have received good news from Catherina regarding the progress of the Magpie robin population recently introduced to Denis (see posts of: 15th August; 4th, 15th, 20th, and 30th July) I will post in detail on this in the coming days so check back regularly.

Sooty tern project:

I will soon be resuming my visits to Denis with one of the primary objectives being to make observations of the sooty tern project trial area before we pack the equipment away for the year - so check back for the latest news.

Migrant birds:

As summer in the northern hemisphere draws to a close we can look forward to visitation by various species of migrant birds. Denis’ geographic location as the second most northerly of the Seychelles archipelago means it is ideally situated to receive migrants. Now with Catherina resident on the island, and more frequent visits scheduled on my part, I hope we can begin to establish a much more complete list of our annual visitors. If so I will add the migrant birds list as a recurrent feature on the Blog.

No comments: