counter

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

“Breaking” News!!!

Apologies for the delay in posting but unfortunately I had an accident last week and broke my right arm! This has significantly hampered my output in practically every aspect of everyday life. My typing, never the best, is now reduced to the tapping of two fingers of my left hand. Still with the prospect of several weeks of this relative incapacity I have resolved to tap away and try and bring you at least abbreviated news of environmental issues on the island.

Thanks go to Spencer, Tori and Vicki who all left the island on Saturday the 26th July. With Spencer gone Catherina will now have to bear the heavy burden of all the SMR work on her own until I can organise some additional assistance. I was supposed to assist but am now out of action for several weeks so help will have to be sought elsewhere.

Tori and Vicki have some very interesting results, after their stint as GIF volunteers, on the Sooty tern and Hermit crab projects (see previous postings) and whilst I will try and bring you up to speed on the work, I also hope that I will be able to post their personal accounts in due course.

I have good news regarding the SMR project and the status of the birds post-release and hope to post on that soon, so do check back periodically…

No comments: